Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Little Bit of An Update


This one will be short; I have a few errands to run before I pick PJ up from work. I’ll try to cover the most relevant things that have happened in the last few weeks.

To begin, I went to my first breastfeeding class today. For me, it’s never really been a thought in my mind to use formula simply because my body is designed to make food for my baby, so why not use what God gave me? I didn’t know about all the benefits though before becoming pregnant and now I see and continue to see how breastfeeding will be beneficial for both of us. I’m all for it!

The class was very informative. I learned the basics and I’m a lot more comfortable with the idea especially since I wasn’t sure how to go about it when we were found out we were pregnant. I’m excited to have this bonding time with Miss Paisley and I’m also very thrilled that breastfeeding helps mommy lose weight faster. :D

Another recent development has to deal with PJ. He was helping his brother cut down trees about a week and a half ago and stumbled upon some poison ivy. His first symptom was a swollen eye which got worse the next day. We took him to the ER, where he got a shot of steroids plus a prescription for more steroids. Since taking those, the rash spread and got bigger. He’s still dealing with the itchy red bumps today but we’ve been using calamine lotion to help him out a bit. I’m not exactly sure how that has been helping but he seems to be a lot less itchy. At the moment, he feels like it will never go away. I keep telling him that this is not permanent, it will go away and that he is not going back to where he was when he got it. He agrees.

The other day, we filled out an application for income based housing. The lady said we should hear something back within 3-6 months. PJ and I are hoping it’s more towards the shorter end of things so that we might have a week or 2 (or none at all) to prepare for Paisley before she gets here. I will definitely be asking for some help because I am going to be much bigger, slower and I’m not going to want to unpack things and prepare the nursery. So, I’m not afraid to ask for help.

That’s all that I can think of right now. My mind has been temporarily fogged out – no pun intended- by the fact that someone with bad body odor just sat next to me. (I am at the library). It’s literally giving me a headache and I’d rather not have to suffer through the rest of my errands.

Until next time,

Momma Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment