Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Early to Bed, Early to Rise

Today was a little hectic, but satisfyingly wonderful at the same time.

I couldn’t get to bed until about 3:30am on February 11, 2013 (It’s currently 2:17am February 12, 2013) and I woke up at the early hour of 8:00am. My sleeping pattern has been severely wonky this last week; I blame it on the fact that I haven’t been feeling well. I’ve gone to bed late and woken up early and still feel relatively fine, not extremely tired like I would have been 2 weeks ago. So, at least it’s not something that’s effecting my life too dramatically.

I wasn’t able to allot a specific time to walk because both PJ and I were pretty busy today. We had to go to a few places this morning and were gone from about 10am till 2pm; PJ wanted to stop by Petsmart and look at all the cute little animals too. We had an enjoyable time together; it’s been a while since we were able to hang out, even if it was just spent looking at chameleons, fishies, and a nasty hairy tarantula (eck!).

When we arrived home, we did some cleaning and I proceeded to make the red velvet cake for cake balls, white velvet cake for cupcakes, butter cream icing, cream cheese frosting all while maintaining the clean kitchen, and making another batch of chicken, barley and cabbage soup. (Btw, the only thing that I ate was the extra carrots that weren’t used for the soup. Not once did I taste the cake batters or frostings. Ok…I lied. I remembered I tasted the eggs whites and sugar syrup but then spit it out immediately once I realized that there was raw egg in there…and, then I remembered that it was technically cooked with the 240 degree sugar syrup.) PJ also made me take a bite of a raw spinach leaf.

“Here, taste this.”
 “Ok.”
“It tastes like blood, doesn’t it?”
*funny face/laugh* “Uh, not really, it tastes like a leaf.”

Lol. I wanted to steam some spinach to put in my chocolate chocolate chip banana muffins (for added iron) because I didn’t think it would affect the flavor much. But, when I found out that we didn’t have enough sugar or eggs left, I stopped thinking about making them. I thought it was a good idea, especially since spinach in smoothies doesn’t make that much of a difference, taste wise.

As far as the walk that I wanted to go on today, I didn’t get to it. By the time I was done in the kitchen, I had just a few minutes to rest my feet before we headed off to Mcalister’s to help donate to my church’s youth camp fund raising event. I had soup; a sandwich didn’t sound good and my stomach was hurting a little at that moment as well. So, I enjoyed my soup and several refills of lemon water, generously provided by the youth of my church. Once home, I headed off to rest for my Audit shift while PJ made a diet cake. (Just by using a diet soda in cake, you minimize the crazy amount of calories that come from eggs and oil alone. I definitely think this will be a part of our lifestyle change because the taste is fantastic.)

While we were out though, we purposefully parked clear across the parking lot so we would have to walk a good distance. I appreciated that my husband wanted to park far away from the entrance because he knew that I wanted to get some walking in. It wasn’t much, but it was more than if we would have driven around and around for a close parking spot.  

I woke up feeling hungry (the soup portion wasn’t very generous) so I packed myself some soup that I had made and a little portion of cake. That seemed to make everything better. I also had 2 cups of milk. J

Well, I suppose that’s all. Once my schedule calms down a little bit, (once the orders slow down a little bit) I should be able to create a walking schedule that I can stick to.

Until Next Time,
SP!

No comments:

Post a Comment